Saturday, July 01, 2006

LONGEST RUNNING BOOTY CALL


The first year in high school we moved to a nice neighborhood in Montgomery county Maryland just outside Washington DC, and K was the first person I became friendly with. I met K in high school, a beautiful Korean American girl with a killer smile. We started out as friends and the friendship grew in to booty calls lasting for over twenty years when ever the time allows. Even though we went to college in different states ( I went to Maryland and she to Penn State)we kept in touch. K moved to the west coast working in the IT biz, got married and settled in frisco. The marriage lasted only six years turning her in to a single mother to a beautiful girl (she is eight now). I don't know why we did not date seriously, we dated other people but we loved those discreet booty calls we got going.

K called me last night telling me that she is in town with her little girl visiting her folks, I was kind of surprised, she usually gives me a heads up weeks ahead. In fact I was surprised she even called me after the yelling match we had during the last phone conversation, I just couldn't take her lecture any more on how I am throwing my life away by being a cab driver, so I just said things that I should have not said. We had a peaceful thirty minutes talk and we agreed to hook up tommorow.

I don't know why I am telling you this, this blog is supposed to be about cab driving not personal drama, sorry. July 4th weekend is going to be pretty slow weekend so I am going to spend part of the holiday up in the mountians around cumberland Maryland, my older sister and her husband own a small cottage up there, they are nice enough to let me have it for a couple of days. Maybe I will drink some cheap ass beer with the local red necks up there.

4 comments:

MJ06 said...

For us caddies in Cleveland July 4th is pritty bussey I havent had a day off in 6 days and tommarow Im all signed up to go 36 holes. Although 18 is enough for tommarow it is nice a humid out to. we get off mondays because the clubs closed then but not this week so since wensdays ganna be slow and I will have worked seven days Im off wensday.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... Sounds like you may have your own personal fireworks show.

Red said...

Hope you have (had) fun. Just remember that you need to do what is necessary to make yourself happy. Maybe you and K will finally take the next step and date???

Good luck.

Mad Cabbie said...

Thanks Red, It was a fun weekend but I don't know if its going anywhere, it didn;t the last twenty years you know!

Hey Lugosi, you and your twisted mind! how was your 4th dude?

Mj, one of these days I am going to learn how to golf, got too much time in my hand.