Tuesday, August 22, 2006

YOU'RE BORING ME

On the flight to London I was sitting next to some jackass who was rapping about being the king of consultants. He was talking about how he turned around a mom and pops store in to a billion dollar IPO, how his ten dollar real estate investment turned in to million dollar hot spot, you know shit like that. I couldn't even read an important literature I brought with me in the plane, "Amazing Spider-Man #534".

that's why I like driving at night, to avoid boring people like him. Most of my passengers during the night are real every day people, besides wanting to stab me and rob my ass they're cool, I really dig their bullshit. I volunteer at this kitchen in Baltimore and about a year ago one of the fellow volunteer had a heart attack so we went to the hospital to see him, and I learned more things about him that day, he pretty much owns half of Baltimore! All those years we did shit together he never said a word about his wealth, that's what you call a class act.

I am going to leave you with what my hero said in assessing his accomplishments towards the end of his life, and this is coming from a man who really changed the world we live in:

"I don't know how I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy, playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself, in now and then finding a smoother pebble or prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." Isaac Newton 1642-1727

Don't forget the homeless.

Mad Cabbie

6 comments:

Washington Cube said...

What an amazing quote from Newton. Love it. I would have pointedly read the Spider Man to show the verbal diarrhea next to you that you had your priorities straight.

Peggy said...

Good blog there. Sounds like you got the nightmare long haul flight neighbour, the guy who needs to tell you how wonderful he is.

In this case, money is like sex, those who have lots don't really talk about it.

I wish there were loads more like your pal from Baltimore. Is he okay now?

Anonymous said...

An amazing quote and , I boarded planes with jackasses too ; they just brag about their life , money and relationship.

Ill return back to Canada in a week and thanks for wishing me good luck.

I hope ull have a great working night

Anonymous said...

Yo CB, you better bring your ass to DC cafe around 3ish, I got all kind of shit to tell you about the pimps party at H2O. Everyone was like "where is the Zebra?"

Welcome back your Highness!!

kilgorsky said...

I hate people bragging about their dough, and I have to work with one--asshole.

Mad Cabbie said...

Cube, when I asked him why he's flying with the masses instead of sipping on some champs in the first class, he didn't say much after that!

Peggy, nice quote: "In this case, money is like sex, those who have lots don't really talk about it!"
You hit it right on the money!
The guy in Baltimore is doing well, I see him every other week now.

Thanks Legal, its good to be back at work even though it was a slow night. I got together with lot of cabbie friends at a all night cafe.

#419er, Thanks for not showing up last night you bitch! Talk to you tonight you male slut!!

Kilg, ask him for a $10,000 loan next time you see him, that will shut him up for good!