Sunday, January 28, 2007

A WHITE CAB DRIVER IN DC?

There are about 8000 licensed cab drivers in Washington DC and out of those about less than a couple of hundreds are white cab drivers if you count those Coptic Greeks as white people. The number of white drivers took a sharp decline after the riot of the 60's at a fast phase to the present numbers, and most of the surviving white cabbies are about 100 years old and they are at the finish line towards their grave yards. As far as I know I have got to be the youngest and the last white cab driver in Washington DC. I think the federal government is going to put me on the endangered species list and you will find me picking my nose in a fucken DC zoo chained to my cab pretty soon. Even though not as fast, the same is happening to Black American cab drivers because these days like any major American city the cab industry is dominated by foreign drivers and by the Ethiopians in Washington DC.

I can tell that most of you white riders kind of feel sorry for me and leave me the extra petty tip and some are so straight forward and they offer me a job interview and of course quite a few of you ass holes with a comment like "You got to be a real fucken loser to be white and drive a cab in this town!" and there are some, like this young black dude I picked up the other morning who sees it from a different angle. The brotha was on his way to an important job interview on K street when he flagged me and got in to my cab, and when he realized that I am white, he chuckled and said:

"Now I know they are not going to offer that job for a brotha like me! I guess things are so bad out there even a whittie is driving a cab! "

I hope he gets that job, I am very happy with mine.

Peace,

Pastor Joe.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

"if you count those Coptic Greeks as white people."?

That's the funniest shit I've read in this blog pastor! You rock!

SANTOS

june in florida said...

Well when i come to Washington For Hillarys or Obamas inaugeration it will be easy to find you Pastor. The only young white and handsome cab driver in Dc.

Anonymous said...

Same here in NY city the days of Polish, Russian, Italian and Greek drivers are gone, welcome rag-heads!

Anonymous said...

I will check you out at the DC zoo pastor Joe!

Beth.

Anonymous said...

Do you wear a pony-tail Pastor? I think I have been in your cab before!

Anonymous said...

What do you have against Greeks you fucking redneck? Read your history books, the Greeks created the modern world dummy! No wonder you're a cab driver!

Anonymous said...

Proud Greek, I think Pastor is right Greeks are almost white, they are light skin Gypsy!

The Acid Queen said...

What do you have against Greeks

Aside from the fact that most of them are stupid assholes?

Why, nothing. Nothing at all.

The Acid Queen said...

It was a potshot at the reading comprehension-impaired idiot who thought that Pastor Joe was bashing Greeks.

But if you want to get your panties in a wad, far be it for me to stop you.

Anonymous said...

Who cares about the Greeks, the post is talking about the declining number of white cab drivers in DC in a smart funny way.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Pastor, what happened to Mad Cabbie?

Josh,

John said...

Sorry about all your teoubles Pastor.
I guess its just us few white guys who can keep their mouths shut and their ears open who survive.

Evrywhere is getting rough and tough even Dublin Ireland.

SkippyMom said...

Having gone to school in DC - I rarely saw a white cabbie - but once we moved to the ex burb of Stafford VA [40 miles south on 95 - a place to commute from] I was amazed that ALL the cabbies I took were white. Every last one of them....This is a county of 120,000 plus and growing...and now we live in Loudon [this gets the suburb denotation as it is only 30 miles] the cabbies I have seen have all been foreign.

I really liked the story about the black guy getting in the cab...too funny! Hope he got the job too!

Claire said...

Hey Pastor Joe,
The Ethiopians being foreigners, and I being an immigrant myself, I don't trust them. In these other countries, people do business in shady ways. If they can fool ya then they have won fair and square in their own eyes. That's why I prefer American men.
Peace and hugs,
Claire
P.S. Americans are shady in business and politics too so you can't trust them 100% either. You can't win, Ladies.

John said...

Thought you might follow this link to see what you think of what an Irish bow said on capital hill. Good luck
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/bononationalprayerbreakfast.htm

Eryn said...

PJ,
I'm with Josh. What did you do with Mad? Is everybody okay up there?

Peggy said...

Mad - Please don't leave us. Come back soon. All is forgiven.

Love

Peggy

meet-sos said...

We Greeks are a Little Brown
with very big dicks!!!

Anonymous said...

In today's competitive financial market a person can get stung by adverse credit due to many unavoidable reasons like county court judgment, declaration of arrears or defaults on previously taken loans. But lenders nowadays won't stop you from fulfilling your dreams of driving your own car; rather they are ready with poor credit auto loans with flexible terms and conditions. To find online car loans, quick car loans visit http://www.driversamerica.com

Anonymous said...

Greeks are white.

Anonymous said...

ALL GREEKS ARE A LTTLE GAY

Anonymous said...

GREEKS ARE PEOPLE?